As financial planning professionals with accredited designations and memberships, we are bound by various Codes of Ethics and Practices.
Advocis Code of Professional Conduct
As a condition of membership in Advocis, all members agree to abide by the Advocis/CLU Institute Code of Professional Conduct:
- An Advocis Member shall act with integrity.
- An Advocis Member shall act competently.
- An Advocis Member shall act diligently.
- An Advocis Member shall not disclose any confidential information without expressed consent.
- An Advocis Member shall act in a client’s best interests.
- An Advocis Member shall disclose any conflict of interest in providing products and services.
- An Advocis Member shall act in a manner that reflects positively upon all other Advocis Members.
- An Advocis Member shall respect and protect the privacy of others.
- An Advocis Member shall act in accordance with the spirit and the letter of the law.
Advocis Website: www.advocis.ca
Certified Financial Planner(CFP) Code of Ethics
Representatives adhere to the CFP Code of Ethics:
- A CFP professional shall always act with integrity.
- A CFP professional shall be objective in providing financial planning to clients.
- A CFP professional shall provide services to clients competently and maintain the necessary knowledge and skill to continue to do so in those areas in which the CFP professional is engaged.
- A CFP professional shall perform financial planning in a manner that is fair and reasonable to clients, principals, partners, and employers and shall disclose conflicts of interest in providing such services
- A CFP professional shall maintain confidentiality of all client information.
- A CFP professional conduct in all matters shall reflect credit upon the profession.
- A CFP professional shall act diligently in providing financial planning.
Full Details available on the CFP Website: www.fpsc.ca
We will always endeavour to adhere to the privacy guidelines established by The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
- The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the information is collected.
- The prior knowledge and permission of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except for legal or security reasons.
- The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purpose identified.
- Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Personal information will not be used, disclosed or retained for purposes other than those for which the information was collected, except with the permission of the individual, or as permitted or required by law.
- Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and current as is necessary for the identified purposes for which it is to be used.
- Personal information will be protected with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- We will make readily available to clients, specific information about our policies and procedures relating to the management of their personal information.
- Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to it.
- An individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Individuals can address any complaint regarding adherence to the code with our Compliance department.
Notwithstanding the above, we will comply fully with The Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act
- All group members are licensed for the sale of Life Insurance products as well as Disability Income products in the province of Alberta. As such, this communication does not constitute an offer or solicitation by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such an offer or solicitation is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such an offer or solicitation. Prospective clients who are not resident in Canada should consult with their financial planners to determine if these products may be lawfully sold in their jurisdiction.
- Rick Erven holds a life insurance license in the Province of Alberta. All sales of segregated funds are sold by Erven Planning in accordance with the life insurance license.
- Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses may all be associated with investment products and insurance products.
- Erven Planning Inc. and its members will not be held liable for any inaccuracies in the information presented in any site linked to this website. The contents of this website are for information purposes only.
- Under no circumstances should the contents of this website be considered “advice” and relied upon as a substitute for consultation with a financial or tax advisor.
- The advice of our members often relates to legal, accounting or tax matters. This advice SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED definitive in those areas. You should always consult your other professional advisors in matters that relate directly to their areas of practice.
- The information in this communication is subject to change without notice.